[Gluster-devel] nfs over glusterfs/fuse

Dale Dude dale at oc3networks.com
Thu Jun 14 22:17:42 UTC 2007

Sent offlist. Sorry Brent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Gluster-devel] nfs over glusterfs/fuse
Date: 	Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:52:46 -0400
From: 	Dale Dude <dale at oc3networks.com>
To: 	Brent A Nelson <brent at phys.ufl.edu>
<Pine.LNX.4.64.0706141721330.11166 at atma.phys.ufl.edu>

I didnt run it long enough to notice if memory grew. Fuse-dev says
nfs-kernel-server is depricated and suggested unfs3 which also didnt
work. I was hoping its 'removable' option would help, but no.
nfs-user-server had an interesting option of re-exporting other nfs
mounts, but damn if I couldnt get the client to even mount using it
without permission denied no matter what I did.

Odd that the userspace nfsd's have the same issue. Samba is the only
thing that works. I cant put glusterfs on these boxes either. Hurts.