[Gluster-devel] Question about disk space

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Mon Jun 4 12:26:20 UTC 2007

> Thinking of which, I think it is a
> bug for glusterfs to report the size of the bigger disk, it should be
> reporting the smallest size available.

Thinking yet again, I think the current behavior is better. Reporting
the smallest size would be appropriate _only_ if all files are being
replicated with equal count. in situations where some files are
replicated 2 times, some 3 times and some with no extra replication,
the total 'size' cannot be deterministically calculated without
actually filling the servers with different types of files.

thanks,
avati

--
Anand V. Avati