[Gluster-devel] Specify which files should be saved to which brick

Matt Paine matt at mattsoftware.com
Mon Jul 30 04:47:46 UTC 2007

> I want to store all applications on one brick, and all logs and cached
> data into another brick, all user data  and home directories in another
> brick, and backups on another brick, etc.
>
> Is there a way to do this, similiar to how replication is specified,
> eg option datalocation /var/*:brick1,/home/*:brick2-afr

No, not by specifying an option, but you can simply have a number of
server bricks which will achieve that. Have a server for /var, a server
for /home - and have the client mount each server in the place thats
required.

> This way, I can put more replication on user data, and less so on less
> important data, similiar to how afr can specify which types of files get
> x number of backups.

Having different servers, you could specify different afr across each
server doing exactly that.

> If not, please add to feature request maybe to the unify translator.

I dont believe this is required. That would place too much complexity on
the unify xlator. Defining different servers and client mount points
should be the best way to go here :)

Matt.