[Gluster-devel] core bt - client_write_cbk1, AFR config

Krishna Srinivas krishna at zresearch.com
Fri Jul 13 06:10:34 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, DeeDee Park <deedee6905 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, as I'm trying to write an updated config, I got a little more
> confused.
>
> If the *:2 replicates only the first 2 bricks listed in the subvolume line
> (current implementation), then the bricks 3,4,5,etc are not utilized.

Correct. if you are going to  have only two copies,  you should not be
having more than 2 bricks in subvolumes list.

If I specify *:2 and only have 1 brick, where does the replicas reside?
> If I only have 1 brick listed in each subvolume, and if I say repliate
> *:2,
> then wouldn't AFR need 2 bricks listed in the subvolumes line to replicate
> the two copies to, but I only listed 1.

If you specify *:2 and have only one brick, 2nd copy will not be created (as
we wont know where the 2nd copy should be created)

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Translators#Automatic_File_Replication_Translator

This URL should help you more.

Regards
Krishna

Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion