[Gluster-devel] Module fuse not found.

Tsukasa Morii tsukasa.morii at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:09:51 UTC 2007

Hi

GlusterFS is working all right after the setting base on "Install and
run GlusterFS v1.3 in 10mins".

Install and run GlusterFS v1.3 in 10mins
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Install_and_run_GlusterFS_v1.3_in_10mins

But I always get an error message "fuse: device not found, try
'modprobe fuse' first", when I try to mount gluster file system with
the command below, subsequent to OS(RHEL5) reboot.

# glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol /mnt/gluster

When I execute "modprobe fuse", I always get another message "FATAL:
Module fuse not found."

Does somebody tell me the way to fix this problem? I can mount gluster
file system just after installation of fuse with the command
"./configure  --prefix=/usr  --enable-kernel-module; make install".

In this situation、I have to install fuse everytime I reboot OS.