[Gluster-devel] two disks on each node.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Thu Dec 13 16:44:18 UTC 2007

Hi all.

On my cluster (for computation) I've 2 disks. One for the / and software
and another for glusterfs.

But on the first disk I've a unused partition (because the disk size is
140Go, and Linux don't eat enought Mo ;-) ).

Until today I've use only the second disk for glusterfs. But If I calculate
the sum of the unused partition for all cluster I've 1.3To. It's lot of
space.

Well now I want use this place too. But I don't see how I can do that.

Of course this two partitions have different size.

Actually I use this kind of configuration :

On node X

	volume nodeX
	  type storage/posix
	  option directory /_glusterfs
	end-volume
	volume nodeY
	  type protocol/client
	  option transport-type tcp/client     # for TCP/IP transport
	  option remote-host ip_address_of_nodeY
	  option transport-timeout 30
	  option remote-subvolume brick
	end-volume
	volume node....

	end-volume
	etc...

	volume unify
	  type cluster/unify
	  subvolumes node1....nodeN
	   option scheduler nufa
	   option nufa.local-volume-name nodeX
	   option nufa.limits.min-free-disk 10
	   option nufa.refresh-interval 1
	  option namespace ns
	end-volume
	volume work
	   type performance/write-behind
	   option aggregate-size 1MB
	   option flush-behind on
	   subvolumes unify
	end-volume

As you can see I want use nufa scheduler.

How can I use nufa scheduler with two local disk ? Is that mean anything ?
Maybe the solution is I add

	volume nodeX-bis
	   type storage/posix
	   option directory my_second_partition