[Gluster-devel] glusterfsd crash with glusterfs--mainline--2.5--patch-410

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Tue Aug 7 16:18:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Anand Avati wrote:

> Nathan,
> this (and a couple more) bugs are fixed in patch-436. thanks for reporting.

I am running patch-439, things are much better, I can shutdown a server
and when it comes back up I do not need to restart glusterd on the other
two boxes. However, when one server is shutdown the two active servers
still have a timeout delay of about 4 min where you can't read or write to
the share. Is there any plans to support a server going down without
losing access to the rest of the unity/afr? I think my application could
deal with a delay of a few sec, but several minutes just breaks
everything.

><>
Nathan Stratton                         CTO, Voila IP Communications
nathan at robotics.net                  nathan at voilaip.com
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.voilaip.com