[Gluster-devel] Segmentation fault with afr on dapper using fuse 2.6.3 kernel module

Bernhard J. M. Grün bernhard.gruen at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:45:33 UTC 2007

Hello list!

I have a quite strange problem here.
Our servers are using ubuntu feisty and we have some clients running
on feisty too. This works great together. Unfortunately we also have
some dapper servers that we have to integrate in our scenario.
The problem is now that we get an error on dapper with a configuration
file that works fine on feisty.
After some debugging we also know that the problem only occurs when we
are using afr. It does not occur with unify. Therefore we think that
the problem is somewhere inside afr.

Let me describe our dapper installation:
First I compiled fuse 2.6.3 including the kernel module to /opt/fuse
Then I compiled glusterfs from exactly the same sources that we used
on feisty on a dapper host. To use the fuse in /opt/fuse I used the
following configure line:
./configure CFLAGS="-I/opt/fuse/include -L/opt/fuse/lib"
LDFLAGS="-L/opt/fuse/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/fuse/include"
LIBS="-L/opt/fuse/lib" --prefix=/opt/glusterfs --disable-server
--disable-ibverbs
I think this is correct up to this point.

When I try to mount the volume using afr df shows that the volume is
mounted and the size is also correctly displayed. But when I try to
enter the mount point glusterfs segfaults.

I've attached some config stuff and logs. I really hope someone of you
can help us.

Many thanks

Bernhard