[Gluster-devel] AFR configurations

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu Apr 5 23:44:24 UTC 2007

I'm still trying to figure out how to best setup a configuration that
will be easy to maintain using AFR.  Right now I have four clients
specified and I set "type  protocol/client" on all of them because I
want a common client.vol file that I can edit and broadcast to all the
client machines (which is basically all the webservers).  I would like
to use "type storage/posix" for the first subvolume but that would mean
that I would need a different client.vol for each client and with 15-20
webservers this might get to be a problem maintaining all these separate
versions and also lead to confusion.  It would be great if there were a
way that glusterfs could check and see that if the first subvolume was
local that it would switch to "type storage/posix" instead of going out
over the wire.  That way I could use just one client.vol and still have
the benefit of local storage access.

Gerry