[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.3: robustness

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gnu.org.in
Thu Apr 5 01:27:58 UTC 2007

,----[ Gerry Reno writes: ]
| Ok, I setup a four brick AFR test and it is working.  Well at least
| as long as nothing goes wrong.  But if I take down one of the
| servers (glusterfsd) and try to write to any of the mounts then the
| whole thing hangs.  This is the type of situation that I am hoping
| will be handled gracefully.  I've had tcp/ip stacks hang, servers
| hang and need rebooted and once back up the whole cluster needs to
| be able to recover itself.
`----

Gracefully handling connection timeouts and retries will be in pre3
release. We are hoping to make pre3 as the last preview release before
1.3 stable.

1.4 will have Self-heal functionality with journaled, lazy recovery
mechanisms that will make AFR very smooth. As of now if a brick goes
down and you will have to use tools like rsync or unison to sync
before you bring it back online.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31