[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.3: AFR not working

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 4 13:37:33 UTC 2007

You can work with the underlying filesystem, say, to fix a problem, but
you'd want to work with it the way GlusterFS would, at least for
consistency.  So, if it's a mirror, any change you make on one, you'd want
to reproduce on the other.

With drbd, you could only have one mounted at any given time; otherwise,
even mounting the other one would be something of a catastrophe.  Note
that this isn't true of recent, bidirectional drbds, if you run GFS.

Thanks,

Brent