[automated-testing] Tear down - shouldn't it unmount client?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 18:55:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:21 PM Jonathan Holloway <jholloway at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Only where a mount is exec'd in setUp. In some cases, tests are grouped by
> Class with the volume created in setUp without a mount. Any tests requiring
> a mount handle the mount and subsequent umount before tearDown gets run.
>
> e.g.,
> test_volume_create_start_stop_start() is only testing the volume and
> doesn't require the mount, whereas...
> test_file_dir_create_ops_on_volume() is creating ops on the mounted volume
> and does it's own mount/umount.

(It's also taking 100% CPU during execution, need to find out why...)

> This file could be broken into a volume only class and a mounted volume
> class to handle the mount/umount in tearDown, or even allow the super
> GlusterBaseClass.tearDownClass() method do it automatically.

Ok, so since for some reason test_volume_sanity() is failing for me[2], it
doesn't unmount.
Unmount before making the check, so it'll clean well, even if it fails seem
to help[3].

> On another note, this test_vvt.py test can probably be eliminated with the
> code covered in another volume test suite (or suites) and the volume
> verification test step in BVT run using pytest markers against
> @pytest.mark.bvt_vvt decorator as I'd originally intended.
> The idea there was to create a BVT test from a sample of existing
> testcases written in the full test suites--eliminating duplication of code.

This is what is running today (I think) in upstream[1], so if it needs to /
can be, that'd be great, but has to be coordinated.
Y.

[1]
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/b9e7dbc57bc96c8a538593f7a5ff0f03fc38e335/centos-ci/scripts/run-glusto.sh
[2] Donno what it means:
E       AssertionError: Lists are not equal.
E        Before creating file:
['00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n']
E        After deleting file:
['00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\n25\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n',
'00\n25\n2d\nchangelogs\nindices\nlandfill\nunlink\n']

[3] https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusto-tests/+/22440/