GlusterFS 3.8.13 update available, and 3.8 nearing End-Of-Life
Niels de Vos
ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 09:02:20 UTC 2017
[Repost of a clickable blog to make it easier to read over email
and also expected to arrive on https://planet.gluster.org/ soon. The
release notes can also be found in the release-3.8 branch on GitHub
The Gluster releases follow a 3-month cycle and, with alternating
Short-Term-Maintenance and Long-Term-Maintenance versions. GlusterFS 3.8
is currently the oldest Long-Term-Maintenance release, and will become
End-Of-Life with the GlusterFS 3.12 version. If all goes according to
plan, 3.12 will get released in August and is the last 3.x version
before Gluster 4.0 hits the disks.
There will be a few more releases in the GlusterFS 3.8 line, but
users should start to plan an upgrade to a version that receives regular
bugfix updates after August.
## Release notes for Gluster 3.8.13
This is a bugfix release. The Release Notes for 3.8.0, 3.8.1, 3.8.2,
3.8.3, 3.8.4, 3.8.5, 3.8.6, 3.8.7, 3.8.8, 3.8.9, 3.8.10, 3.8.11 and
3.8.12 contain a listing of all the new features that were added and
bugs fixed in the GlusterFS 3.8 stable release.
### Bugs addressed
A total of 13 patches have been merged, addressing 8 bugs:
* #1447523: Glusterd segmentation fault in ' _Unwind_Backtrace' while running peer probe
* #1449782: quota: limit-usage command failed with error " Failed to start aux mount"
* #1449941: When either killing or restarting a brick with performance.stat-prefetch on, stat sometimes returns a bad st_size value.
* #1450055: [GANESHA] Adding a node to existing cluster failed to start pacemaker service on new node
* #1450380: GNFS crashed while taking lock on a file from 2 different clients having same volume mounted from 2 different servers
* #1450937: [New] - Replacing an arbiter brick while I/O happens causes vm pause
* #1460650: posix-acl: Whitelist virtual ACL xattrs
* #1460661: "split-brain observed [Input/output error]" error messages in samba logs during parallel rm -rf
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Announce