[Advisors] Your Attention Please: Blog Post Brouhaha

Greg DeKoenigsberg greg.dekoenigsberg at eucalyptus.com
Fri Aug 23 16:42:23 UTC 2013

Is Dice a Gluster customer?  A Red Hat customer?  Likely to become either?

If so, I would vote for #3, with a note that some of the language has
been toned down from the original.  Or possibly #2 with a more
detailed disclaimer.

If not, I would vote for #2 straight up.  Dice has no reason to expect
the broader open source community to be happy with this change in SF
policy.

--g

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM, John Mark Walker <jowalker at redhat.com> wrote:
> See this post: http://www.gluster.org/2013/08/how-far-the-once-mighty-sourceforge-has-fallen/
>
> For obvious reasons, the proprietors of the site criticized in that post are none too happy.
>
> Do we...
>
> 1. take it down
> 2. leave it up, with the entire post, including the disclaimer, intact
> 3. take editorial license and change some of the more inflammatory verbiage
>
> -JM

Greg DeKoenigsberg, Eucalyptus
Build your own AWS-compatible cloud in 30 minutes:
http://eucalyptus.com/faststart