[Gluster-users] seeding my georeplication

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 05:31:56 UTC 2017

Answers inline,

@Kotresh, please add if I missed anything.

regards
Aravinda VK
http://aravindavk.in

On 06/23/2017 06:29 PM, Stephen Remde wrote:
> I have a ~600tb distributed gluster volume that I want to start using
> geo replication on.
>
> The current volume is on 6 100tb bricks on 2 servers
>
> My plan is:
>
> 1) copy each of the bricks to a new arrays on the servers locally
Before start copying,
- Enable changelog in Master volume, using `gluster volume set <volname>
changelog.changelog on`
- Record the Timestamp. This is required to set the marking once Geo-rep
session is created.
- Gluster Geo-replication replicates the data with same GFID in target,
so if we are copying data manually we should ensure that GFIDs remains
same and properly linked as hardlinks in the .glusterfs directory.
> 2) move the new arrays to the new servers
> 3) create the volume on the new servers using the arrays
> 4) fix the layout on the new volume

> 5) start georeplication (which should be relatively small as most of
> the data should be already there?)
After creating the Geo-replication session it will try to start from the
beginning, to avoid that set the marking in each bricks before starting
Geo-replication saying till this time data is synced to Slave. Once
started, it will start from this timestamp.(I can provide script for the
same)