[Gluster-users] Persistent storage for docker containers from a Gluster volume

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sun Jun 25 16:38:48 UTC 2017

Hello,
I have a two node replica 3.8 GlusterFS cluster and am trying to find out the best way to use a GlusterFS volume as persistent storage for docker containers to store their data (e.g. web assets).
I was thinking that the simplest method would be to mount my GlusterFS volume for that purpose on all docker nodes using FUSE and then simply start containers which require persistent storage with a mount of bind type. For example here is how I would create my container requiring persistent storage:
docker service create --name testcontainer --mount type=bind,source=/mnt/gustervol/testcontainer,target=/mnt alpine
What do you think about that? Is this a good way? or is the even a better way?

Regards,
M.