[Gluster-users] High-availability with KVM?

Ziemowit Pierzycki ziemowit at pierzycki.com
Fri Jan 20 20:06:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a 4-node gluster with distributed-replicated volumes that serve
out VM images.  The purpose of using gluster was to provide highly
available storage for our virtualization platform.  When performing
maintenance on one of the gluster nodes, I noticed the VM storage
becomes unavailable for the duration of the node being shutdown and
while the heal is running.  Each VM qemu process connects to gluster
directly and needs to be restarted in order to bring up the VM again.

So, is the setup wrong or does gluster not provide high availability?

Thanks,

Ziemowit