[gluster-packaging] glusterfs-10.0rc0 released

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 13:27:56 UTC 2021

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 09:37:19AM +0000, jenkins at build.gluster.org wrote:
> SRC: https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/150/artifact/glusterfs-10.0rc0.tar.gz
> HASH: https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/150/artifact/glusterfs-10.0rc0.sha512sum

Packages for CentOS Stream 9, CentOS Stream 8 and CentOS 8 have been
build and are available for testing. There is no
centos-release-gluster10 package yet, so the repository configuration
needs to be created manually, place something like this in
/etc/yum.repos.d:

--- %< --- CentOS-Gluster-10.repo --- %< ---
[centos-gluster10-test]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Gluster 10 Testing
baseurl=http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/$releasever/storage/$basearch/gluster-10/
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1
--- >% ---

All dependencies should be available (may need to enable the PowerTools
repo too), so installing the packages should not cause any missing
requirements.

gluster-block and glusterfs-coreutils have been added to the
repositories too. It is expected that these work without the need to be
recompiled. In case these packages cause failures, let me know and I'll
rebuild them against GlusterFS 10.

GlusterFS 10 RC0 has been built without tcmalloc support. I plan to
enable that when the next RC is available.

Thanks,
Niels