[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-5.4 released

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 13:09:49 UTC 2019

The v5.4 tag was made and a release job was run which gave us
https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/80/artifact/glusterfs-5.4.tar.gz.
If the v5.4 tag is moved then there's a logical disconnect between the tag
and _that_ tar file, or more accurately the files in that tar file.

Shyam and I discussed the merits of releasing v5.5 versus respinning builds
with patches.  Respinning builds with patches isn't uncommon. The
difference in the amount of work between one or the other is negligible. In
the end Shyam (mainly) decided to go with respinning with patches because a
full up "release" for him is a lot more work. (And we both have other
$dayjob things we need to be working on instead of endlessly spinning
releases and packages.)