[gluster-packaging] Release 5.4: Earlier than Mar-10th
srangana at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 14:55:32 UTC 2019
There have been several crashes and issues reported by users on the
latest 5.3 release. Around 10 patches have been merged since 5.3 and we
have a few more addressing the blockers against 5.4 .
The original date was March 10th, but we would like to accelerate a 5.4
release to earlier this month, once all critical blockers are fixed.
Hence there are 3 asks in this mail,
1) Packaging team, would it be possible to accommodate an 5.4 release
around mid-next week (RC0 for rel-6 is also on the same week)? Assuming
we get the required fixes by then.
2) Maintainers, what other issues need to be tracked as blockers? Please
add them to .
3) Current blocker status reads as follows:
- Bug 1651246 - Failed to dispatch handler
- This shows 2 patches that are merged, but there is no patch that
claims this is "Fixed" hence bug is still in POST state. What other
fixes are we expecting on this?
- @Milind request you to update the status
- Bug 1671556 - glusterfs FUSE client crashing every few days with
'Failed to dispatch handler'
- Awaiting fixes for identified issues
- @Nithya what would be the target date?
- Bug 1671603 - flooding of "dict is NULL" logging & crash of client process
- Awaiting a fix, what is the potential target date for the same?
- We also need the bug assigned to a person
 Release 5.4 tracker:
More information about the packaging