[gluster-packaging] glusterfs-4.0.0 released

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 23:06:40 UTC 2018

On 03/06/2018 10:25 AM, jenkins at build.gluster.org wrote:
> SRC: https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/45/artifact/glusterfs-4.0.0.tar.gz
> HASH: https://build.gluster.org/job/release-new/45/artifact/glusterfs-4.0.0.sha512sum
>
> This release is made off jenkins-release-45

Status update:

I've made some progress on Debian packaging of glusterd2. Debian golang
packaging using dh-make-golang is strongly biased toward downloading the
$HEAD from github and building from that. I haven't been able to find
anything for building from a source (-vendor or not) tarball. Mostly
it's trial and error trying to defeat the dh-helper voodoo magic. If
anyone knows a better way, please speak up. Have I mentioned that I hate
Debian packaging?

In the mean time——

glusterfs-4.0.0 packages for:

* Fedora 26, 27, and 28 are on download.gluster.org at [1]. Fedora 29
are in the Fedora Rawhide repo. Use `dnf` to install.

* Debian Stretch/9 and Buster/10(Sid) are on download.gluster.org at [1]

* Xenial/16.04, Artful/17.10, and Bionic/18.04 are on Launchpad at [2]

* SuSE SLES12SP3, Leap42.3, and Tumbleweed are on OpenSuSE Build Service
at [3].

* RHEL/CentOS el7 and el6 (el6 client-side only) in CentOS Storage SIG
at [4].

glusterd2-4.0.0 packages for:

* Fedora 26, 27, 28, and 29 are on download.gluster.org at [5].
Eventually rpms will be available in Fedora (29 probably) pending
completion of package review.

* RHEL/CentOS el7 in CentOS Storage SIG at [4].

* SuSE SLES12SP3, Leap42.3, and Tumbleweed are on OpenSuSE Build Service
at [3]. glusterd2 rpms are in the same repos with the matching glusterfs
rpms.

All the LATEST and STM-4.0 symlinks have been created or updated to
point to the 4.0.0 release.

Please test the CentOS packages and give feedback so that packages can
be tagged for release.

And of course the Debian and Ubuntu glusterfs packages are usable
without glusterd2, so go ahead and start using them now.

[1] https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/4.0
[2] https://launchpad.net/~gluster/+archive/ubuntu/glusterfs-4.0
[3] https://build.opensuse.org/project/subprojects/home:glusterfs
[4] https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/storage/$arch/gluster-4.0