[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.11.1 released

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 03:39:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 09:55:15AM -0400, Shyam wrote:

>> > Packages have been built for the CentOS Storage SIG and are available
>> > for testing. There has not been a single confirmation that 3.11.0 is
>> > working, so there is still no 3.11 pushed to the CentOS mirrors.
>>
>> I am thinking who does this confirmation? We have package owners, and then
>> package testing, but this split role does not have any owners.
>>
>> Thoughts or what are the expectations?
>
> Anyone can send a confirmation that this works. I normally only do a
> simple "install, create a volume and access" it. Sometimes users send me
> their test results, and that is fine for me too.

I fear that an open-ended "anyone can" usually indicates that nobody
does. If the requirement that install-create_volume-access is
mandatory for making it available on CentOS Storage SIG, what are the
challenges in making it as part of the application build workflow? Do
we have a similar requirement for non-RPM package sets?

Also, instead of private conversations around results of the tests as
above, perhaps these should be redirected to this (or, any other
appropriate) list.