[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.12.0 released

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 15:39:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:06:45AM -0400, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 08/31/2017 10:11 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > > * RHEL/CentOS el6 and el7 are in CentOS Storage SIG staging at [4].
> > > Please test and give feedback on #gluster-devel on freenode or the
> > > gluster-devel mailing list so they can be moved to the staging area.
>
> ok, so I just tested the above, we now need to test the ones below as well?

These are the same packages and repository. I've only extended the
description for people that are not familiar with using the packages
from the CentOS Storage SIG.

> > Packages for the CentOS Storage SIG are available in the testing
> > repositories (for CentOS 6 & 7). In order to test these, you can most
> > easily install the release package that enables the repository:
> >
> > - on CentOS 7:
> >      # yum installhttp://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/7787/217787/centos-release-gluster312-0.9-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm
> >      # yum install glusterfs-server
> >
> > - on CentOS 6:
> >      # yum installhttp://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/7821/217821/centos-release-gluster312-0.9-1.el6.centos.noarch.rpm
> >      # yum install glusterfs-server
>
> I rolled my own repo file for testing the installs and such, as reported. So
> what else needs to be done here? Or, rather should we be doing the following
> as well?

Rolling your own repos should never be needed. The repositories on the
buildlogs.centos.org server should be ready for consumption. Once the
centos-release-glusterXYZ package is installed, you can always enable
the centos-glusterXYZ-test repository on the YUM commandline:

  # yum --enablerepo=centos-gluster310-test install glusterfs-server

This only difficulty is with a new major release that does not exist on
the mirrors yet. This is why I provided the above centos-release-gluster
packages (disabled the stable repo, enabled -test).

> > All dependencies should get pulled in automatically (CentOS Extras is
> > enabled by default). If there are any problems with installing packages
> > listed on [4], please let me know.
> >
> > A centos-release-gluster312 package has been prepared for inclusion in
> > CentOS Extras. Once this package is available on the mirrors, users will
> > get glusterfs-3.12 when they "yum install centos-release-gluster".
> >
> > Before the sync to the CentOS mirrors can happen, I need a confirmation
> > that the repositories are in a good state. After that, I can mark
> > packages for releasing to the mirrors and get the new repositories
> > included in the CentOS Teams sync-configuration.
>
> Possibly the next time we should get a single request, reduces the work till
> this install testing is manual.

I guess that could be done. At least sending out the request after
verifying that the packages are available would be good. The CentOS 6
builds for 3.12 only arrived in the testing repository this morning.
Maybe we should add a page on how to run manual tests in the CentOS wiki
under the Storage SIG area? It can then be linked in the emails we send
out with test requests.

Thanks,
Niels