[gluster-packaging] glusterfs-3.9rc1 has been released for testing

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 17:01:16 UTC 2016

<top post>
If there's another RC, please follow the naming convention that we
agreed on in the dim, distant past of 3.9.0rcX.

Note the .0 in there.

3.9rcX (without the .0) is mildly annoying from a packaging perspective.

And be sure that the GA is tagged and released as 3.9.0.

We do have a history of using both 3.9rcX and 3.9.0rcX in the past. But
please stick to the One True convention of 3.9.0rcX.

Thanks.

</top post>

On 09/22/2016 09:41 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've tagged and released glusterfs-3.9rc1. This is the 1st Release
> Candidate for GlusterFS 3.9.0.
>
>  https://build.gluster.org/job/release/171/console
> http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/glusterfs-3.9rc1.tar.gz
>
> The release-notes still need some work for a GA release:
>
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.9/doc/release-notes/3.9.0.md
>
> Once we have some useful release-notes, we can send out a notification
> to the users list and other more public channels.
>
> Packages for CentOS-7 are available from the Community Build System:
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=111151
>
> Other distributions may want to verify their packaging too.
>
> The current plan is to release 3.9.0 in the first few days of October.
>
> Please let us know the results of tests in the checklist you already
> created at
> https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-component-release-checklist for
> your components.
>
> --