[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.8rc1 has been released for testing

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon May 23 15:12:29 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 02:30:45PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 03:50:09PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > The patch at http://review.gluster.org/14503 replaces those scripts with
> > one that writes a message and does a 'exit 1'. Could you test that on a
> > NetBSD environment and verify if building the port still works fine?
>
> The exit 1 kills it. It works with exit 0.
>
> $ ./configure
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for nawk... no
> checking for awk... awk
> checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
> checking how to create a pax tar archive... none
> checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
> configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash ./config.sub

Thanks for testing. This tarball contains the same scripts but with an
'exit 0':

  https://devos.fedorapeople.org/tmp/glusterfs-3.9dev_40b7b47.tar.gz
  (extracts in ./glusterfs-3.9dev/ , not with _40b7b47 postfix)

If this works for you on NetBSD and Patrick on Debian, we can take this
approach.

Kaleb is working on updating the automake tools on the build server,
that would make it possible to have current config.{guess,sub} scripts.
But we'll need to track that somehow, and make sure that releases are
created on systems with recent versions of those tools...

Thanks,
Niels