[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.8rc1 has been released for testing

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon May 23 12:31:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 08:04:08AM -0400, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> My point is that it's not really clear ? to me ? that that's the best
> (or most practical) choice. I'd like to hear from Patrick and Emmanuel.

My two cents: the canonicalway of releasing software is to run
autotools on it before releasing so that reelased tarball contains
no autotools-related dependency.

I am not sure of what happened with config.sub here, but we are lucky
since we can just add it as empty file as a second best solution.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org