[gluster-packaging] [Gluster-Maintainers] glusterfs-3.8rc1 has been released for testing

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri May 20 21:34:48 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 09:11:01PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Patrick filed https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1223937 for this during the
> > 3.7 timeframe. I'm tempted to add the need to run autoreconf in the
> > release notes unless someone really wants the config.sub/guess files
> > back (we'll need to update the tools on the buildserver, but I would
> > consider that a good thing anyway).
>
> Please do not add autotools as a build dependency : It just works with
> an empty config.sub file,

Oh, that's genius! We can add an empty shell script that has a comment
with suggesting to run "autoreconf --force". Some packaging environments
prefer that in any case (Debian, I think) and Fedora even replaces the
files automatically with their own updated copies (%configure).

Thanks for the idea, I guess we'll take that approach.
Niels