[gluster-packaging] glusterfs-3.7.4 released

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 11:40:28 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 03:06 PM, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
> Am 31.08.2015 um 20:44 schrieb Kaleb S. KEITHLEY:
>> On 08/31/2015 01:31 PM, Gluster Build System wrote:
>>>

>>> SRC:
>>> http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/glusterfs-3.7.4.ta
r.gz

This release is made off jenkins-release-139

>> Do any of our new volunteers want to take a shot at building for
>> Debian 8 jessie or Debian 9 stretch using the recipes I recently
>> sent to the list?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Hello Kaleb,
>
> my free time is limited, especially limited on working on third
> party projects like this, but I have got a much better idea.
> Instead of maintaining/hosting Debian packages also on
> *.gluster.org we could better invest our free time to keep the
> packages inside of the official Debian repositories up-to-date.
>
> Currently we have got:
>
> $ rmadison glusterfs glusterfs  | 3.0.5-1                |
> oldoldstable      | source glusterfs  | 3.2.7-3+deb7u1~bpo60+1 |
> squeeze-backports | source glusterfs  | 3.2.7-3+deb7u1         |
> oldstable         | source glusterfs  | 3.5.2-1~bpo70+1        |
> wheezy-backports  | source glusterfs  | 3.5.2-2                |
> stable            | source glusterfs  | 3.5.2-2                |
> stable-kfreebsd   | source glusterfs  | 3.5.2-2+deb8u1         |
> proposed-updates  | source glusterfs  | 3.7.3-1                |
> testing           | source glusterfs  | 3.7.4-1                |
> buildd-unstable   | source glusterfs  | 3.7.4-1                |
> unstable          | source
>
> Instead of double maintain gluster.org packages I would request
> some man power to prop. maintain glusterfs in the official
> repositories. For example:
>
> a) I have just uploaded 3.7.4-1 to unstable/sid yesterday => there
> are already many open issues (also with patches), which should be
> tracked and fixed => high workload b) Keep the package bug free c)
> After the package has been migrated to testing in hopefully 5 days
> create and upload backports for stable a ka jessie d) After jessie
> backports are available create old-old stable aka wheezy
> backports-sloppy
>
> What do you think?

Sure. That sounds reasonable.

It would be nice to get someone from the community to take this on;
especially others besides just Red Hatters, who have their day jobs to
do as well.

If there are bugs in the current Debian packages it would be helpful
to file bugs in
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS. Select
the "packaging" component.

This is not limited to just RPM packaging issues. You can add a link
to, e.g. the bug in the Debian bug tracker in the "See Also:" field.
Just doing that would be immensely helpful.

Thanks,

--

Kaleb