[Gluster-Maintainers] [automated-testing] seeking an update on the plans around automated tests and test framework for Gluster

Bala Konda Reddy Mekala bmekala at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 06:17:28 UTC 2020

Hi Sankarshan,
Glusto as a framework is definitely matured and glusto-tests
where it is closely related to Glusterfs.
Enhancements to glusto-tests is an on-going process.

Below are the details of work being done in the last three months.

   - Currently glusto tests is compatible with python 3 a total
   of 28 PR's were sent [1]
   - A total of 58 PR's were merged among them 20+
   were the new test cases and the rest are library fixes. [2]
   - Libraries for geo-rep and brick-mux are in review.
   - Optimization of existing code for reducing test time
   is being carried out and the few patches were merged
   -  NFS Ganesha tests were tested and merged as part of
   glusto-tests.
   - Now User can run the tests using tox.
   - New test cases and library fixes are being sent and are in
   review. [3]

Regards,
Bala
[1]