[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-infra] Next steps for github migration of glusterfs

Hari Gowtham hgowtham at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 06:38:07 UTC 2020

Hi,

The above doc looks great! I have a few queries, mostly minor things and
how we are going to handle them.

1) I would like to know more about the backport details. I see that we have
decided to go ahead with the mainline issue for backports.
What are the plans with merging and closing? Are we going to keep merging
the backports and close once all the backports are done?
If this is the case, then closing is something the maintainers or the PR
contributor has to take a look at,
because we can't automatically close an issue (as it's related to other
release branches) once it's available in a particular branch as we are
doing now.
It would be great if you can let us know the reason behind choosing the
current approach rather than separate issues for each release-branch.
And this has to be updated in the doc as well for others to be aware of.

2) Is there any option in github that helps us track between branches.
Something like the change-id. If not what are the plans to do it.
Are we going to use the issue to track back the changes between master and
release branches?

Thanks,
Hari.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 12:38 AM Deepshikha Khandelwal <dkhandel at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Adding +GlusterFS Maintainers <maintainers at gluster.org> for any
> suggestions on the next steps of migration.
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 7:07 PM sankarshan <sankarshan at kadalu.io> wrote:
>
>> Following up on this - is this document also available to the
>> maintainers? Aside from that tiny suggestion of a default set of
>> labels, I do not see anything which concerns me at this point. I also
>> haven't heard/read responses from Deepshikha and Michael - are both of
>> you at a LGTM stage with this?
>>
>> I did take a look and everything looks good to me.
>

>> /s
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 20:07, Amar Tumballi <amar at kadalu.io> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Hope all of you and your families are safe! Wishes for better health to
>> you.
>> >
>> > Now, about the subject of email, I could come up with steps mentioned
>> in this google doc -
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SOPr56naVXXtkOmRu48xqKsefxM435UuN1Zoja2UhFE/edit?usp=sharing
>> >
>> > Please go through and give feedback! Considering Gluster Release-8 is
>> coming soon, it would be good to go through this sooner than later.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Amar
>>

>> --
>> sankarshan at kadalu.io | TZ: UTC+0530
>> kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!

Regards,
Hari Gowtham.