[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 6: Kick off!

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 14:43:27 UTC 2019

On 1/24/19 3:23 AM, Soumya Koduri wrote:
> Hi Shyam,
>
> Sorry for the late response. I just realized that we had two more new
> APIs glfs_setattr/fsetattr which uses 'struct stat' made public [1]. As
> mentioned in one of the patchset review comments, since the goal is to
> move to glfs_stat in release-6, do we need to update these APIs as well
> to use the new struct? Or shall we retain them in FUTURE for now and
> address in next minor release? Please suggest.

So the goal in 6 is to not return stat but glfs_stat in the modified
pre/post stat return APIs (instead of making this a 2-step for
application consumers).

To reach glfs_stat everywhere, we have a few more things to do. I had
this patch in my radar, but just like pub_glfs_stat returns stat (hence
we made glfs_statx as private), I am seeing this as "fine for now". In
the future we only want to return glfs_stat.

So for now, we let this API be. The next round of converting stat to
glfs_stat would take into account clearing up all such instances. So
that all application consumers will need to modify code as required in
one shot.

Does this answer the concern? and, thanks for bringing this to notice.