[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainer's meeting: Jan 21st, 2019

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 09:46:26 UTC 2019

BJ Link

   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/217609845
   - Watch: https://bluejeans.com/s/PAnE5

<https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#Attendance>Attendance

   - Nigel Babu, Amar, Nithya, Shyam, Sunny, Milind (joined late).

<https://hackmd.io/yTC-un5XT6KUB9V37LG6OQ?both#Agenda>Agenda

   -

   GlusterFS - v6.0 - Are we ready for branching?
   - Can we consider getting https://review.gluster.org/20636 (lock free
      thread pool) as an option in the code, so we can have it?
         - Lets try to keep it as an option, and backport it, if not ready
         by end of this week.
      - Fencing? - Most probable to make it.
      - python3 support for glusterfind -
      https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/21845/
      - Self-heal daemon multiplexing?
      - Reflink?
      - Any other performance enhancements?
   -

   Infra Updates
   - Moving to new cloud vendor this week. Expect some flakiness. This is
      on a timeline we do not control and already quite significantly delayed.
      - Going to delete old master builds from
      http://artifacts.ci.centos.org/gluster/nightly/
      - Not deleting the release branch artifacts.
   -

   Performance regression test bed
   - Have machines, can we get started with bare minimum tests
      - All we need is the result to be out in public
      - Basic tests are present. Some more test failures, so resolving that
      should be good enough.
      - Will be picked up after above changes.
   -

   Round Table
   - Have a look at website and suggest what more is required.

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)