[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Glusto Happenings

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 01:27:26 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:07 AM Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:

> Adding Maintainers as that's the group that will be more interested in this.
> Our next maintainers meeting is October 1st, want to present on what the current status is there?

I'd like to have some links to tracking mechanisms eg. Github issues
and such for the topics that have been already mentioned below as well
as any Gluster specific changes that are coming up in versions. The
intent is to allow the maintainers to anticipate and plan for any
changes and discuss those.

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:29 AM Jonathan Holloway <jholloway at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gluster-devel,
>>
>> It's been awhile, since we updated gluster-devel on things related to Glusto.
>>
>> The big thing in the works for Glusto is Python3 compatibility.
>> A port is in progress, and the target is October to have a branch ready for testing. Look for another update here when that is available.
>>
>> Thanks to Vijay Avuthu for testing a change to the Python2 version of Carteplex (the cartesian product module in Glusto that drives the runs_on decorator used in Gluster tests). Tests inheriting from GlusterBaseClass have been using im_func to make calls against the base class setUp method. This change allows the use of super() as well as im_func.
>>
>> On a related note, the syntax for both im_func and super() changes in Python3. The "Developer Guide for Tests and Libraries" section of the glusterfs/glusto-tests docs currently shows "GlusterBaseClass.setUp.im_func(self)", but will be updated with the preferred call for Python3.
>>
>> And lastly, you might have seen an issue with tests under Python2 where a run kicked off via py.test or /usr/bin/glusto would immediately fail with a message indicating gcc needs to be installed. The problem was specific to a recent update of PyTest and scandir, and the original workaround was to install gcc or a previous version of pytest and scandir. The scandir maintainer fixed the issue upstream with scandir 1.9.0 (available in PyPI).
>>
>> That's all for now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jonathan (loadtheacc)

> --