[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainer meeting minutes : 15th Oct, 2018
srangana at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 18:27:07 UTC 2018
### BJ Link
* Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/217609845
* Watch: <TBD>
* Nigel, Nithya, Deepshikha, Akarsha, Kaleb, Shyam, Sunny
* AI from previous meeting:
- Glusto-Test completion on release-5 branch - On Glusto team
- Vijay will take this on.
- He will be focusing it on next week.
- Glusto for 5 may not be happening before release, but we'll do
it right after release it looks like.
- Release 6 Scope
- Will be sending out an email today/tomorrow for scope of release 6.
- Send a biweekly email with focus on glusterfs release focus areas.
- GCS scope into release-6 scope and get issues marked against the same
- For release-6 we want a thinner stack. This means we'd be removing
xlators from the code that Amar has already sent an email about.
- Locking support for gluster-block. Design still WIP. One of the
big ticket items that should make it to release 6. Includes reflink
support and enough locking support to ensure snapshots are consistent.
- GD1 vs GD2. We've been talking about it since release-4.0. We need
to call this out and understand if we will have GD2 as default. This is
call out for a plan for when we want to make this transition.
- Round Table
- [Nigel] Minimum build and CI health for all projects (including
- This was primarily driven for GCS
- But, we need this even otherwise to sustain quality of projects
- AI: Call out on lists around release 6 scope, with a possible
list of sub-projects
- [Kaleb] SELinux package status
- Waiting on testing to understand if this is done right
- Can be released when required, as it is a separate package
- Release-5 the SELinux policies are with Fedora packages
- Need to coordinate with Fedora release, as content is in 2
- AI: Nigel to follow up and get updates by the next meeting
More information about the maintainers