[Gluster-Maintainers] GlusterFS sosreport plugin - what's the state of freshness of it?

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 07:02:34 UTC 2018

Sorry! It got missed out earlier!

IMO, sos-report is still a good way to collect the summary of system state
while debugging GlusterFS issues.

Gluster Plugin in sos takes statedump, and collects log files, which is
what most of developers who are debugging the issues want. So, this is
fine.

There was a proposal for keeping the sos plugin within glusterfs repo, and
install it at right place when glusterfs package gets installed (if
sosreport is already installed).

That way, we would be keeping it up-to-date with code. I will check if
there are any bugs for it, and see what we can do about this.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:11 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been a while and I haven't seen any responses - is sosreport
> plugin the preferred way to collect reports/logs?
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:26 PM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
> <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am assuming that
> > <https://github.com/sosreport/sos/blob/master/sos/plugins/gluster.py>
> > is the one which is relevant to GlusterFS
> >
> > Can the maintainers take a bit of time to review and ascertain whether
> > this is sufficient in the output it archives to aid the
> > trouble-shooting? Is this kept current with the changes in the
> > components across the releases? What is missing here?
> >
> > Please reply to this thread here and then perhaps we can see what the
> > state of things are.
>

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>