[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: Schedule, scope and review focus

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 18:59:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

As we have completed potential scope for 4.1 release (reflected here [1]
and also here [2]), it's time to talk about the schedule.

- Branching date (and hence feature exception date): Apr 16th
- Week of Apr 16th release notes updated for all features in the release
- RC0 tagging: Apr 23rd
- Week of Apr 23rd, upgrade and other testing
- RCNext: May 7th (if critical failures, or exception features arrive late)
- RCNext: May 21st
- Week of May 21st, final upgrade and testing
- GA readiness call out: May, 28th
- GA tagging: May, 30th
- +2-4 days release announcement

and, review focus. As in older releases, I am starring reviews that are
submitted against features, this should help if you are looking to help
accelerate feature commits for the release (IOW, this list is the watch
list for reviews). This can be found handy here [3].

So, branching is in about 4 weeks!

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Issues marked against release 4.1: