[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.0: Unable to complete rolling upgrade tests

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 19:21:54 UTC 2018

On 03/02/2018 02:41 AM, Ravishankar N wrote:
> I still got the mkdir error on a plain distribute volume that I referred
> to in the other email in this thread. Anyone who is interested in trying
> it out, the steps are:
> - Create a 2 node 2x1 plain distribute vol on 3.13 and fuse mount on node-1
> - Upgrade 2nd node to 4.0 and once it is up and running,
> - Perform mkdir from the mount on node1-->this returns EIO

Thanks Ravi.

I tried this test in my setup, and did not face any issues. This was
with Anoop's patch (same case as yours).

Further we do not support rolling upgrade on pure distribute volumes, I
am willing to not consider this a blocker (considering the
predictability and the nature of the test).

DHT folks, please check once and ensure this is not a critical failure,
and that we are not assuming otherwise for the release.

Shyam