[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: RC1 tagged

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 01:08:29 UTC 2018

On 02/28/2018 07:25 AM, Javier Romero wrote:
> This one fails http://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/1548/311548/centos-release-gluster40-0.9-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
>
> # yum install -y
> https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/gluster-4.0/glusterfs-4.0.0-0.1.rc1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Thanks Javier.

Isn't this what you intended though?

yum upgrade --enablerepo=centos-gluster40-test glusterfs-server

Basically the test repository is the on with the bits at this point in
time, and it looks like you have an older version installed, hence
attempting to upgrade.

If you could try this and let us know what you see, it would be helpful.
Also, I guess I missed the instruction to use the test repository for
this operation, my bad.

I am about halfway through my own upgrade testing (using centOS7
containers), and it is patterned around this [1], in case that helps.

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Upgrade/package testing:
https://hackmd.io/GYIwTADCDsDMCGBaArAUxAY0QFhBAbIgJwCMySIwJmAJvGMBvNEA#