[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 5: Release targeted for first week of October-2018
srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 19:12:42 UTC 2018
On 07/17/2018 11:31 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> Post release 4.1 we have announced a release version and cadence change
> to the lists . Based on this the next release of Gluster would be "5"
> and is slated during the first week of October, 2018 .
> With this release of Gluster (i.e 5), 3.12 will be EOLd and that is the
> last release in the 3.x line for Gluster.
> This mail is to solicit the following,
> Features/enhancements planned for Gluster 5 needs the following from
> - Open/Use relevant issue
> - Mark issue with the "Release 5" milestone 
> - Post to the devel lists issue details, requesting addition to track
> the same for the release
Still awaiting features that are to be part of this release, please mark
them appropriately and also notify the lists.
> I will follow this mail up, within a week, with a calendar of activities
> as usual.
Calendar of activities look as follows:
1) master branch health checks (weekly, till branching)
- Expect every Monday a status update on various tests runs
2) Branching date: (Monday) Aug-20-2018 (~40 days before GA tagging)
3) Late feature back port closure: (Friday) Aug-24-2018 (1 week from
4) Initial release notes readiness: (Monday) Aug-27-2018
5) RC0 build: (Monday) Aug-27-2018
<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?)>
6) RC1 build: (Monday) Sep-17-2018
<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?), Upgrades>
7) GA tagging: (Monday) Oct-01-2018
<Final package testing>
8) ~week later release announcement
Go/no-go discussions per-phase will be discussed in the maintainers list.
>  Announce on release cadence and version changes:
>  Release schedule: https://www.gluster.org/release-schedule/
>  Release milestone: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/milestone/7
> Gluster-devel mailing list
> Gluster-devel at gluster.org
More information about the maintainers