[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainer Meeting minutes - Jan 24th, 2018

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 18:46:33 UTC 2018

Minutes of the meeting held last week.

### BJ Link
* Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
* Download: https://bluejeans.com/s/y0Qf6

### Attendance
* Kaleb, Ppai, Nithya, Shyam, Nigel, raghug, Sunil
* [Sorry Note] Amar, Atin (conflicting meeting)

### Agenda
* libtirpc in RHEL and CentOS [kaleb]
    * Fedora 28 (rawhide) and other leading edge distributions are using
newer glibc with rpc headers and rpcgen removed. They are telling people
to switch to libtirpc
    * Issue: RHEL/CentOS have old libtirpc without xdr_sizeof(), and in
the case of RHEL6/CentOS6 even older without xdr_uint32_t() and
    * Would we want to have CentOS Storage SIG use a private build of
libtirpc? There is a precedent this: the Storage SIG uses a private
build of userspace-rcu. And maybe RHEL (and thus CentOS) would update to
a newer version eventually?
    * Action: Take this discussion to the mailing list. Needs input from
stakeholders as well
    * Jeff will check which version of FB they run.
    * We should be running one rpc library if possible.

* 4.0 Plan details
    * Proposed detailed plan

* GD2 packaging
    * [Decision] We're going with subpackage instead of separate package
for 4.0.

* Wireshark changes

* Retiring Centos6
    * feasibility of client on centos6
    * [action] Shyam to start a thread
* Retiring NetBSD
    * No comments on the email thread yet
    * If nothing comes up, Shyam to file bug to disable NetBSD.


More information about the maintainers mailing list