[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainer Meeting minutes - Jan 24th, 2018
srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 18:46:33 UTC 2018
Minutes of the meeting held last week.
### BJ Link
* Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
* Download: https://bluejeans.com/s/y0Qf6
* Kaleb, Ppai, Nithya, Shyam, Nigel, raghug, Sunil
* [Sorry Note] Amar, Atin (conflicting meeting)
* libtirpc in RHEL and CentOS [kaleb]
* Fedora 28 (rawhide) and other leading edge distributions are using
newer glibc with rpc headers and rpcgen removed. They are telling people
to switch to libtirpc
* Issue: RHEL/CentOS have old libtirpc without xdr_sizeof(), and in
the case of RHEL6/CentOS6 even older without xdr_uint32_t() and
* Would we want to have CentOS Storage SIG use a private build of
libtirpc? There is a precedent this: the Storage SIG uses a private
build of userspace-rcu. And maybe RHEL (and thus CentOS) would update to
a newer version eventually?
* Action: Take this discussion to the mailing list. Needs input from
stakeholders as well
* Jeff will check which version of FB they run.
* We should be running one rpc library if possible.
* 4.0 Plan details
* Proposed detailed plan
* GD2 packaging
* [Decision] We're going with subpackage instead of separate package
* Wireshark changes
* Retiring Centos6
* feasibility of client on centos6
* [action] Shyam to start a thread
* Retiring NetBSD
* No comments on the email thread yet
* If nothing comes up, Shyam to file bug to disable NetBSD.
More information about the maintainers