[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Branched

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 29 13:39:44 UTC 2018

Hi Shyam,

Below patches identified lately while working on
Geo-replication+Glusterd2 integration. Patches are merged in Master and
backported to release-4.0

https://review.gluster.org/19343  (Ready to submit)
https://review.gluster.org/19364  (Waiting for centos regression)

Please merge the patches. Thanks

On Thursday 25 January 2018 09:49 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 01/23/2018 03:17 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>> 4.0 release has been branched!
>>
>> I will follow this up with a more detailed schedule for the release, and
>> also the granted feature backport exceptions that we are waiting.
>>
>> Feature backports would need to make it in by this weekend, so that we
>> can tag RC0 by the end of the month.
> Backports need to be ready for merge on or before Jan, 29th 2018 3:00 PM
> Eastern TZ.
>
> Features that requested and hence are granted backport exceptions are as
> follows,
>
> 1) Dentry fop serializer xlator on brick stack
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/397
>
> @Du please backport the same to the 4.0 branch as the patch in master is
> merged.
>
> 2) Leases support on GlusterFS
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/350
>
> @Jiffin and @ndevos, there is one patch pending against master,
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18785/ please do the needful and backport
> this to the 4.0 branch.
>
> 3) Data corruption in write ordering of rebalance and application writes
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/308
>
> @susant, @du if we can conclude on the strategy here, please backport as
> needed.
>
> 4) Couple of patches that are tracked for a backport are,
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19223/
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19267/ (prep for ctime changes in later
> releases)
>
> Other features discussed are not in scope for a backports to 4.0.
>
> If you asked for one and do not see it in this list, shout out!
>
>> Only exception could be: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19223/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shyam

regards