[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Inputs for 4.0 Release notes on Performance

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 12:29:00 UTC 2018

On 02/19/2018 09:29 PM, Raghavendra Gowdappa wrote:
> I am trying to come up with content for release notes for 4.0
> summarizing performance impact. Can you point me to
> patches/documentation/issues/bugs that could impact performance in 4.0?
> Better still, if you can give me a summary of changes having performance
> impact, it would be really be helpful.

The release notes already calls out github issues that relate to
performance under the performance section. The intention is to get text
around these issues, so that we can let our users know about these
changes and where applicable how to use them.

I would think hunting around git log is a tad too much currently, and we
should go by the github issues that have made it to the release.

Being thorough with git log is welcome, but getting the release notes
for things from gihub issues is sort of the need of the hour.

Thanks,
Shyam