[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainer Meeting minutes (7th Feb, 2018)
atumball at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 17:14:04 UTC 2018
Meeting date: 02/07/2018 (Feb 07th, 2018. 19:30IST, 14:00UTC, 09:00EST)
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
- Download : https://bluejeans.com/s/zvYV_
- [Sorry Note] Shyam, Atin, Amye, Niels (meeting conflicts)
- Nigel, Amar, kshlm, Xavi, Aravinda, Kotresh, Sunny, Deepshikha,
- Emails on Regression Infra change proposal [DONE]
- NetBSD - Smoke no longer voting [DONE]
- Second last meeting before release
- [Kaushal] Need to get us accepted into Fedora. Asked us to
undbundle dependency. Most dependencies are via etcd, but
since etcd is
packaged, the deps are packaged. We’ll need to package at
least 3 packages.
- Pretty simple work to do. Kaushal will be maintaingin GD2
- Fedora bug <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1540553> for
- Kaushal working on updating the spec file.
- [Aravinda] Integration with other gluster features is ongoing.
Some patches merged and some are pending review.
- GD2 releases will be concurrent to gluster RC releases. Release
notes and docs need work.
- FS features
- [Amar] Date for cut off is already gone. Most features are
- If anything is open, please talk to Shyam.
- Release Notes
- We’ve committed the skelton for the notes. If you are expected
to fill in the notes, please help fill it out.
- We want to make a press release for 4.0. Please provide content
for the PR.
- Post about new features
- New montioring related features
- GD2 testing
- Generally more content online that can be picked up by the
- Containers images roll-out with packages
- We want to provide container images for Gluster publicly with
- Humble offered to take care of container images for Gluster.
- We should help test it since as soon as its out, people would
start using it. Would tarnish our reputation if they don’t work.
- [Kaushal] They should be run with Kubernetes or openshift, not
directly. Kaushal will try to test, but cannot guarantee to spend time.
- We should make the documentation clear. Amar will ask Humble to
write the initial draft for docs.
- Upgrade guide requirements
- Specially, for node OS upgrade scenarios (CentOS6->7)
- We will need to provide proper documentation.
- EL6 will have client.
- We could potentially provide packages via
EL6 using Go compilers from software collections.
- Need to cover possible cases like geo-rep in addition to
basic volume types
- There’s a few xlators we need to support. If there’s anything
known as issues with Centos6, please raise concerns now.
- Any other repository needs releases?
- If you own a gluster project which needs a release for 4.0,
please make sure you release in sync with 4.0 to clearly
point out which
version works with 4.0
- Anything else? Check https://github.com/gluster/ and suggest the
- Go/NoGo panel for the release?
- You have to review all patches taken in after branching and help
- Suggestion: Kaleb/Niels, Amar, Shyam, Kaushal, +2 other
- [Amar]: We probably need one more person from GD2 team since
there are a lot of changes and gd2 is our major feature for 2.0
- RC0/1 testing and participation
- Glusto: Nigel will run Glusto test runs.
- Perf testing: We need volunteers especially since
Meltdown/Spectre related questions will be around.
- Other Tests(?): If someone can check line coverage, that’d be
great. We need to establish a baseline for this.
- regression migration to CentOS7
- Going on smoothly (Tests are being run on CentOS7 partially
- Majority is shifted to CentOS7.
- Any machine with pattern ‘builder1NN.*’ are of centos7. Anything
which is ‘slave’ would slowly go away.
- ‘release’ branches needs to shift to centos7 later, as still
some tests are failing.
- Mostly should help by rebasing to latest on the release branch.
- With migration to CentOS7, tests are taking only 3hr 30mins,
instead of 6hrs. And also the intermitent failures are
reduced to almost 0.
- No response to our emails, taking that as ‘No one is interested
to maintain it at the moment’
- No updates
Feel free to comment on this thread if you have any questions.
Amar Tumballi (amarts)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the maintainers