[Gluster-Maintainers] [Gluster-devel] Changing Submit Type on review.gluster.org

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 11:11:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 12:43:28PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:

> Q: Can patches of a series be merged before all patches in the series
> have a +2? Initial changes that prepare things, or add new (unused) core
> functionalities should be mergable so that follow-up patches can be
> posted against the HEAD of the branch.
>
> A: Nigel?

If you have patches that are dependent like this:

A -> B -> C -> D

where A is the first patch and B is based on top of A and so forth.

Merging A is not dependent on B. It can be merged any time you have Code Review
and Regression votes.

However, you cannot merge B until A is ready or merged. If A is unmerged, but
is ready to merge, when you merge B, Gerrit will merge them in order, i.e.
first merge A, and B automatically.

Does this answer your question? If it helps, I can arrange for staging to be
online so moe people can test this out.

--
nigelb