[Gluster-Maintainers] Reminder: Maintainers' meeting tomorrow (Sept 6th, 2017)

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 05:32:27 UTC 2017

All,

Updated the agenda @
https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both

Feel free to add your topic, or updates in the above hackmd page. Even if
you are not going to be present, updating your comments in draft would help.

----
Meeting date: 09/06/2017 (Sept 06th)
<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#bj-link>BJ
Link

   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580

<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#attendance>
Attendance

   - [Sorry Note]: vbellur
   - <Comma separated names>

<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#agenda>
Agenda

   -

   Action Items pending from last week
   - Amar to send changes required for Protocol changes - DONE
      - Nigel & Jiffin to figure out more about ASan builds - ?
      - Blog posts:
         - Amye’s note to list
         <http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2017-August/002990.html>
         - Not much action seen here
         - How to increase content/traction?
      -

   Gluster 4.0 - Status check
   - GD2 (must have)
      - Protocol changes (should have)
      - Error code changes (good to have)
      - Monitoring (good to have)
      - RIO (optional)
   -

   Meeting timings
   - Some conflicts with the current time since last month as RedHat moved
      its program call around same time, where many of maintainers are
also part.
      - What other times are possible?
      - We can continue to use this for another 2 months till October, but
      after that surely need a change which doesn’t conflict.
      - For future, we recommend maintainers to consider this slot before
      agreeing for a recurring meeting at your company, so we can keep
this slot
      static.
   -

   Any more discussion required on review/patch etiquette?
   - Jeff’s email
      <http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2017-August/003123.html>
      - Amar’s reply
      <http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2017-August/003125.html>
      - Any more comments? Suggestions for improvements?
   -

   Summit - October 27th and 28th
   - Gluster 4.0 - Release leads, life cycle, EOL
      - Discuss: What are the things we need next to call it Gluster 5.0 ?
      Time bound? Feature Bound?
   -

   Round Table (Check with every member, whats’ cooking in their domain)

----
See you there tomorrow.

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)