[Gluster-Maintainers] Request to approve backport of #18429 to release 3.10 and 3.12

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 14:20:15 UTC 2017

On 10/13/2017 07:53 AM, Soumya Koduri wrote:
> Hi Shyam/Raghavendra/Jiffin,
>
> #18429 [1] addresses a missing functionality in gfapi (since almost
> Day1) which is to be able to set lk_owner. This fix is now needed for
> integration of recent/upcoming upstream NFS-Ganesha releases with
> Gluster without which locking functionality over NFS shall be broken.

Considering changes to Ganesha and that the functionality will be broken
in our releases, and further based on Neil's comments (which I agree
with) I think we can backport this to existing LTM releases.

As 3.13 branching is early next week, please change the API version on
master, such that we do not have a backport pending on 3.13 for the same :)