[Gluster-Maintainers] Request to approve backport of #18429 to release 3.10 and 3.12

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 11:53:38 UTC 2017

Hi Shyam/Raghavendra/Jiffin,

#18429 [1] addresses a missing functionality in gfapi (since almost
Day1) which is to be able to set lk_owner. This fix is now needed for
integration of recent/upcoming upstream NFS-Ganesha releases with
Gluster without which locking functionality over NFS shall be broken.

Since 3.13 shall be STM release, to be able to continue supporting
existing stable gluster releases + NFS-Ganesha, I request you to approve
backport of that fix to 3.10 and 3.12 releases. The fix is not intrusive
and doesn't affect any other access protocol.

Once it gets approved, as suggested by Niels, I shall first change the
symbol version of that new routine to 3.10 in master branch and then
backport the changes to stable releases.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18429