[Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.13: Release notes (Please read and contribute)
srangana at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 20:11:58 UTC 2017
3.13 RC0 is around the corner (possibly tomorrow). Towards this and the
final 3.13.0 release, I was compiling the features that are a part of
3.13 and also attempted to write out the release notes for the same .
Some features have data and other do not (either in the commit message
or in the github issue) and it is increasingly difficult to write the
release notes by myself.
So here is calling out folks who have committed the following features,
to provide release notes as a patch to  to aid closing this activity out.
Please refer older release notes, for what data goes into the respective
sections . Also, please provide CLI examples where required and/or
command outputs when required.
1) Addition of summary option to the heal info CLI (@karthik-us)
2) Support for max-port range in glusterd.vol (@atin)
3) Prevention of other processes accessing the mounted brick snapshots
4) Ability to reserve backend storage space (@amarts)
5) List all the connected clients for a brick and also exported
bricks/snapshots from each brick process (@harigowtham)
6) Imporved write performance with Disperse xlator, by intorducing
parallel writes to file (@pranith/@xavi)
7) Disperse xlator now supports discard operations (@sunil)
8) Included details about memory pools in statedumps (@nixpanic)
9) Gluster APIs added to register callback functions for upcalls (@soumya)
10) Gluster API added with a glfs_mem_header for exported memory (@nixpanic)
11) Provided a new xlator to delay fops, to aid slow brick response
simulation and debugging (@pranith)
 gerrit link to release-notes: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/18815/
 Release 3.12.0 notes for reference:
More information about the maintainers