[Gluster-Maintainers] Agenda for Nov 15th Maintainers meeting

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 16:36:56 UTC 2017

# Meeting date: 11/15/2017 (Nov 15th, 19:30IST, 14:00UTC, 09:00EST)

BJ Link

   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/205933580
   - Download: <Add link here>

<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#attendance>
Attendance

   - [Sorry Note] misc,
   - <Add your name here>

<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#agenda>
Agenda

   -

   Action items from last meeting:
   - [nigelb] Metrics on first-time contributors?
      - [nigelb] Cregit run?
   -

   Re-visiting closing old reviews [nigelb]
   - Using Gerrit to do the initial closing is a bad idea.
      - We have a lot of reviews and each abandon triggers an email to
      everyone involved.
      - This means Gerrit server will get greylisted by all providers as we
      did for stage recently.
      - We have a Jenkins job that will close a few old reviews every day.
      Currently thinking of 25 per day. Once we catch up, we can
either continue
      with the bot or use Gerrit to do this.
   -

   Release sanity [nigelb]
   - We run regression-test-burn-in for master.
      - We don’t for release branches. Seems like a no-brainer to do this.
      - However, this will add load onto regression machines 1x number of
      active releases per day.
      - Options to mitigate
         - We will trigger a regression run only if there are changes since
         last run.
         - Shall we move regression-test-burn-in to nightly?
      -

   Jeff’s email on Pressing ‘Submit’ if everything is OK?
   - What is stopping you from doing it?
   -

   Regression Suggestion:
   - Should author wait for at least one sanity review before running
      regression?
      - Will save some cycles as I have seen authors doing ‘+1’ to verify
      immediately, and then they get -1.
      - Makes sense if their patch gets reviewed just after smoke (or even
      without smoke +1 too)
   -

   ‘experimental’ branch rebase
   - Major conflicts with posix changes :-/
      - Other xlator option changes which GD2 was dependent on, is sent to
      master with --author set to original authors.
   -

   Round Table:
   -

<https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both#decisions>
Decisions

   - <Add decisions if any>

----
Update link if you want to add anything:
https://hackmd.io/MYTgzADARgplCGBaA7DArMxAWAZvATIiFhJgCYarBQCMCYIQA===?both

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)