[Gluster-Maintainers] Maintainers 2.0 Proposal

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Sat Mar 18 11:27:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have been working on a proposal [1] to make the lifecycle management of
> Gluster maintainers more structured. We intend to make the proposal
> effective around 3.11 (May 2016).
>
> Please review the proposal and let us know your feedback. If you need
> clarity on any existing aspect or feel the need for something additional in
> the proposal, please feel free to let us know.

   -

   It’s okay to drop a component if they are not able to find time/energy.
   Owners are requested to minimize disruption to the project by helping with
   transitions and announcing their intentions.

How and to who should it be communicated that a owner/peer is doing a bad
job and there are better alternatives for the component?

> Thanks!
> Amye & Vijay
>
> [1]  https://hackmd.io/s/SkwiZd4qe

Pranith